Being a member
Membership of Burning Palms Surf Life Saving Club is one that is about fun, community service and responsibility. To be a member of Burning Palms, you need to contribute what and when you can in the areas of:
- Lifesaving in terms of patrols
- Help the club run in terms of working bees, fundraising or administration
- Education through instruction of new members in lifesaving techniques
- Juniors / Nippers through assisting in surf education
- Fulfilling the obligations of being a member through following the rules and joining / renewing your membership.
It is vital that every member fulfill as best you can your obligations to the club and therefore to the community at large.
Burning Palms Surf Life Saving Club exists to safeguard the life of the bathing public at Burning Palms beach as well as in the community at large. It is through our volunteer members that we meet our obligations.
In addition to the fun you will have we can offer:
- Pristine bushland
- Help Save a Life
- Meet new friends
- Challenge / challenge yourself
- Invite your friends along - everyone is welcome
- Only a minimum commitment is required, anything else is up to you
- Get away from the pressures of work
- Close to Sydney
- Other social activities available
- Become part of a larger movement
- Healthy and fitness orientated
- Accommodation available
- Enjoy the National Park activities (bush walks, aboriginal, flora and fauna)
Joining the Club
All applicants for membership MUST fill out the membership form, either electronically or the paper form PRIOR to paying the fee.
Our membership fees can be found at the payment gateway at the payment gateway website by clicking here.
Alternatively you can fill out an SLSA membership form and post it back to us. The form can be found below.
As a condition of membership, you must also fill out and return to the club the working with children check form. This can be found below.
Please join us in serving the community!